Vehicle catches alight

Fire. Local firefighters and police were called to a house on Pelican Lane in Smithton on Tuesday, where a small fire involving a vehicle was quickly brought under control.

The fire was extinguished and no injuries were reported, although the vehicle was completely destroyed.

Constable Josh Woods said the blaze was sparked accidentally, with the cause being a lit cigarette.

“A man was working on his mate’s car, smoking at the time,” Constable Woods said.

“It was just an accident. The man has tried to extinguish the fire, but it was not extinguished until firies got there.”

Constable Woods also re-enforced warnings to be extra vigilant on Total Fire Ban days, with a mix of warm and windy weather often a recipe for disaster.

“On days like today, it could get out of hand. It could’ve been a lot worse.”

http://www.chchronicle.com.au/advertisements/tall-timbers/

Fatal error: Call to undefined function related_posts() in /clientdata/apache-www/c/h/chchronicle.com.au/www/Newspaper/wp-content/themes/Print-Domain/single.php on line 30