House fire

Montagu. A fire that damaged a home at Montagu this week was caused by an electrical fault, police say.

Emergency services were called to the Gourley’s Road property at 9.40am on Tuesday after a neighbour reported the scene.

The occupants were not at home at the time.

The fire was contained to the kitchen before being extinguished. The estimated cost of damage to the kitchen and smoke throughout is $80,000. The residence was insured but there was no contents insurance.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function related_posts() in /clientdata/apache-www/c/h/ on line 30