Service. The Australian government’s Mobile Service Centre will be in Smithton on Thursday offering locals access to services from a custom-built truck set up as an office.
On board, staff can help with:
- new claims for a wide range of Centrelink payments
- updating customer information
- confirming customer documents and supporting information
- information on how financial matters may impact on Centrelink payments
- payment and service options to suit individual circumstances
- rural payment entitlements for eligible farmers
- non-cash Medicare transactions
- Medicare registrations
- information on Child Support payment and service options
- specialist support and referrals
- support with and access to self service facilities
- free hearing health checks
For more information visit www.humanservices.gov.au/mobileoffice or call 13 23 16.
The Mobile Service Centre will be at the Nelson Street car park in Smithton on Thursday February 19, from 9am to 3pm.