Forest-Stanley’s perfection

Circular Head Football Association 2015 Seniors premiers Forest-Stanley, celebrate their 46-point win over Scotchtown at the Smithton Recreation Ground on Saturday.

CHFA. Forest-Stanley have remained undefeated for the entire season and take the Seniors premiership after recording a 46-point victory against Scotchtown on Saturday.

Despite continual showers throughout the day the crowd continued to build as the gates opened for one of the Circular Head Football Association’s biggest Grand Final crowds over the past 10 years.

With the large audience, champion coach of Forest-Stanley, Matt Elliott knew it wasn’t his team’s most clinical performance however was proud of the way they put it together when it counted.

“I thought we didn’t use the ball that well . . . it was a really tough hit out [and] they threw everything at us,” he said.

“But to the boys’ credit they stood up and got the job done . . . [They] have put the work in all year and deserve the cup.”

After being defeated rather handsomely a fortnight ago, Scotchtown came in as serious underdogs as they had the monumental task of giving their opponent their first loss of the season.

However the mountain became even larger to climb as the undefeated squad came out firing as they held Scotchtown to only a behind in the first quarter.

Following a strong pep talk from coach Brent Burgess, a tight match looked an unlikely scenario as Scotchtown on the back of Nick Ling and Kieren Baldock began to crawl their way back to reduce the deficit to just 11 at the main break.

The hopes of Scotchtown were quickly evaporated after the break though as the best-on-ground performance from Guy Kearnes and his Forest-Stanley side made sure the result would go to script in the third.

Despite fighting to the end, the unbeaten squad were just too powerful and used their force accordingly to run away in the final term and take home the cup with a 13.16.94 – 7.6.48 victory.

Even though he was ultimately upset with the result, Burgess said he was pleased with his side’s performance on the day as well as their improvement from the previous season.

“[We] left nothing on the field, Forest-Stanley [however] thoroughly deserved to be premiers,” he said.

“But I believe we won a lot of respect back as a football club in the last two years and we will continue to build on this.”

In the Reserves, Forest-Stanley couldn’t replicate their Seniors’ triumph as they fell to Irishtown. Despite Sam Tonks’ best-on-ground performance, the fight was too much too handle.

As on the back of five goals from Lambert and McLaren, Irishtown lead throughout and took their fourth consecutive title with a 31-point victory.

In the Under 17s, Scotchtown received some success on the day in a nail-biter against Irishtown. The match was neck-and-neck throughout its entirety and was still even with five minutes to go.

However with the help from best-on-ground winner Damien Harvey, Scotchtown were able to score four quick behinds and hold on to give the side a close four-point victory and the title.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function related_posts() in /clientdata/apache-www/c/h/ on line 30